At Douglas M. Wilson OD, we strive to meet all of your eye and vision care needs. Corrective lens evaluations and prescription management are provided by our optometrist in Rutland. After a comprehensive eye and vision evaluation, Dr. Douglas Wilson will discuss the variety of contact lens options with you to select the type that best fits your vision needs and lifestyle. If you suffer from dry eye, allergies, or recurring eye infections, speak with our staff to determine whether contact lenses are right for you.
Prior to prescribing contact lenses, Dr. Wilson determines what level of vision correction you require. Refractive error (commonly known as nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism depending on the error) is evaluated by measuring how the eyes focus when a series of different lenses are placed in front of them. An optometrist may use either a phoropter or an automated instrument to take these measurements. To schedule an appointment for a vision evaluation with our Rutland optometrist, call 802-775-9355 today.
- New contact lens fittings
- Periodic re-evaluations of established contact lens patients
- Refitting of patients with unsatisfactory initial fits
- Keratoconus contact lens fits
- Diagnosis and treatment of contact lens related inflammations and infections
- Contact lens replacements (emergency and routine)
After determining the level of refractive error, Dr. Wilson works with you to determine whether contact lenses or glasses are best for your lifestyle. If you suffer from certain conditions, such as dry eye or allergies, glasses may be the most comfortable corrective solution. Contact lenses are available in either soft or rigid gas permeable form. Contact lenses need to be changed daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly, depending on what type of lens you select. Specialized contact lenses, such as bifocal contact lenses, are also available for patients with special eye conditions. Call us at 802-775-9355 if you are interested in learning if contact lenses are a good fit for you.
Advances in contact lens technology have created great options for cosmetic and prosthetic lenses. Custom contact lenses can be created to camouflage any color variation or irregularity and produce a natural eye color. Cosmetic lenses are also available to transform your eye color. Call us at 802-775-9355 and speak to our knowledgeable staff if you are interested in modifying or changing your eye color with contact lenses.
We deal with all types of lenses, including:
- Disposable soft lenses (both weekly and daily replacement)
- Planned replacement soft lenses (quarterly and monthly replacement)
- Conventional soft lenses (yearly replacement or longer)
- Toric soft lenses for the correction of astigmatism
- Gas permeable contact lenses
- Multifocal contact lenses
- Colored contact lenses
- Cosmetic contact lenses (Wild Eyes, Wild Eyes Colors, etc.)
Contact lenses routinely fitted include:
- Air Optix Aqua
- Air Optix Night & Day Aqua
- Air Optix for Astigmatism
- Dailies Aqua Comfort Plus
- Acuvue Oasys
- Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism
- 1-Day Acuvue Moist
- Biofinity Toric
- Proclear Toric